For businesses, social media presents limitless opportunities to promote their product or service. Just as popular social media sites allow users to connect with friends and family in faraway places, they also are powerful ways for marketers to create two-way conversations with potential customers.
Users now expect to interact with brands, which means that marketers have incredible opportunities to create ways to drive demand and expand the reach of what they are selling.
Through social media, marketers can:
- Engage their audience. Engagement is a great way to establish trust with customers and build a relationship that can develop over time.
- Foster brand loyalty. Engagement leads to loyalty with the brand. Users can get to know the brand more intimately through news updates, informational and entertaining videos.
- Integrate with other channels. Because social media integrates so well with other channels, it gives marketers the ability to boost campaigns in ways that were not possible in the past.
- Control the message. When crisis strikes, marketers can serve as their own newsroom by publishing releases that control their side of any story.
- Create new leads. Marketers can raise awareness and generate traffic among general users, and some of that buzz can develop into tangible leads.